Chef de partie (Station Cook) – Il Teatro
As Chef de partie at Ristorante Il Teatro, you are responsible for managing the team, following up closely and enforcing hygiene and cleanliness standards.
- Develop the ability to delegate fairly and equitably at your station.
- Work at various stations in the kitchen (pasta, pizza, grill, sauce, pantry) and do set up,
- Participate actively in creating a work structure while respecting the directives of the Chef or sous-chef.
- Serve as a resource to initiate smooth transitions between shifts, at your station, every day of the week.
- Always work closely with the other station chefs to maintain clear communication channels.
- Understand, apply and enforce CNESST hygiene and cleanliness standards.
- Implement good material and workplace management practices.
- Efficiently manage the team in regards to the work to be done, and manage personnel schedules as needed.
- Enforce standards and regulations.
- Do service and set-up.
- Ensure that all cooks that report to you can deliver impeccable service smoothly.
- Train and follow-up with all new hires at your station.
- Ensure that all cooks respect hygiene standards (identify and date everything, constantly rotate stock, etc.).
- Always participate in maintaining the impeccable cleanliness of all work surfaces.
- Participate in doing inventory.
- Organize your workstation and that of the commis chef.
- Participate in developing the tables d’hôte menus.
- Work in co collaboration with the chef and sous-chef.
- Any other related tasks.
- Act as an authority figure at your station, show by example and always remain objective.
- Totally master your position, both dish preparation and ensuring cleanliness.
- Clearly communicate information, tasks and anything new.
- Respect the structure in place.
- Efficient time management
- Hold a MAPAQ food handler certificate.
Are you interested?
Send your resume to:
Human Resources Coordinator